Monday, August 29, 2011

KAYLA'S TOP 30 before I turn 30 - Celebrate Rest

Today is day 5 in my Top 30 before i turn 30 count down. Today, I celebrate the gift of rest. For most of my life I have worked - and with some darned amazing people I might add - but today I celebrate some of my favorite memories from my last year of life, which has been one of rest. A year ago this october, I decided to take a year off of 2nd jobs and major volunteer commitments to enjoy life, enjoy time with my daughter and spend time with friends and family. It's interesting to note that I think the past year has been one of great soul searching, great discovery and a greater sense of self - and of peace. The moment I forced myself down, I found love, peace and deep joy in just living. Today, I celebrate the gift of relaxation and rest.

No comments: