Friday, September 9, 2011

KAYLA'S TOP 30 before I turn 30 - Celebrate Childhood Friendships that Last

Today is day 14 in my Top 30 before I turn 30 Countdown. Today, I am celebrating some favorite memories of childhood friends! I mentioned two very special friends in my first post - and they are just the start of some very special people I have come to know from my time growing up in Hiko, Nevada. Here's to great friends, great memories and greatness altogether!
One of my best friends and what I consider my childhood, first love, Morgan Brown came to LV on a Rugby trip with a few friends. While we don't stay in close contact, we do keep in touch. Taken October 2001.

Celeste and Shari are friends I have known since Joy School. We were only 4 years old when our mom's hosted community activities in their homes. We were re-united when I went to live with my dad in the 5th grade and ended up being college roommates during my second semester at SUU. Taken July 2011.

Anna (banana) and her brother Silas are two good friends from Childhood. Anna is one of my personal heroes and I love her guts - thank goodness for good friends who keep in touch and have medical degrees to answer distressed questions in strangest hours of the day!
Our FHA Group at International Competition in Boston, MA. Nicole, Carrie, Sadie, Missy, Lexy and Jess are all people who I usually get to see on fb or at home during the July 4th Holiday. We played sports together, laughed together, jumped in Ash Springs together fully clothed on graduation day and did another million crazy things together.

Carrie, me and NIcole in Boston. This was an amazing adventure for three recent HS grads!

Jolee (who will always be Jolsin to me) and Sadie at our HS Reunion a few summers ago.

Lexy and I met in the 7th grade and became friends. We caused poor Mrs. Poulsen some serious stress I am sure between us and Chet, Dathan and Morgan. But Lexy is a shining star in my life! We were roommates after I moved to Vegas and she helped me get through a very dark time in my family's lives and then some! I'll never forget her teaching me how to rollerblade, playing basketball together and reading the bible with her family when I stayed the night in HS. Her family basically adopted me, much like many of the other families in the community. There are too many cool memories to list!

This is a photo of most of the peeps from our graduating HS Class during our HS reunion in 2009.

1 comment:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

You sweet, sweet lady :) You're amazing :) I LOVE that you've been able to keep in contact with so many people.... It just shows how big your heart is :)