Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Little Prayer

After a long day of work and then my monthly Civitan meeting I came home to a sleeping baby. She was already snoozing away when I get home tonight and after the nanny had gone and I had settled in, I peaked in on her and thought to myself a little prayer - especially for her - because she is a little girl who will someday be a woman...who will someday face the same trials and tribulations that my mother experienced and I am experiencing today...I said, Please God, watch over her, help her to grow big and strong (and then of course I edited the big part to be petite, because I think God knows that being big is in and of itself a trial)...Please God, keep her safe, help her to be smarth, youthful all her days and positive in every way - please God, help per to be herself. That is my prayer tonight - that she will know one thing for sure - and that is who she is and what she stands for.

1 comment:

Evan and Kinsey Zinser said...

Thinking about our kids having to grow up in the world today makes me a little nervous, but then I remember that they were chosen to come at this time and won't be given anything that they can't handle. Makes me realize how much stronger they are than me.

About Me

My photo

I am the original REAL GRITTY WOMAN.