Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Bucket List...

Saying goodbye to the last decade inspired me dig up an old notebook with my bucket list (most of it is pre-baby, marriage, etc. probably around 2003 or 2004) and I thought it would be fun to list the ones I've accomplished this last decade, list the ones I haven't and of course, add to it. In an upcoming post, I plan to share photos and poems and journal entries from the last decade, to sum it up and bid it a proper goodbye.

Completed Bucket List Items
  • Travel to Puerto Rico and explore the Rain Forest
  • See Washington D.C. again
  • Visit Canada in the summer (completed twice, actually)
  • Finish College
  • Publish one more poem or short story
  • Find God
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Volunteer at Spirit Therapies (hippotherapy program)
  • Mexico Mission Trip(s)
  • (Do income goals count if I've reached them, then started over and reached them again? I think they do...)
  • Take an HR/Management Course
  • Read Good to Great
  • Skydiving
  • Surfing
  • Read Mastery
  • Visit one new place each month (not sure if this counts, as this was a goal where I intendend to actually travel somewhere new each month, but I do go somewhere new each month...so we're counting it)
  • Own a home
  • Write a Novel
  • Fly an airplane (with assistance, of course)!
  • Skinny Dipping
  • Dance in the rain
  • Take a Astronomy class
  • Live Audaciously!!!

Items I have yet to complete, but that I intend to in the next decade (or at least in the next two decades):
  • Be my contract - every day.
  • Take myself less seriously and live a little.
  • Apologize more. Hurt less.
  • Love more, judge less.
  • Be part of something great.
  • Be someone my daughter can look up to.
  • Make a difference to 1 million people
  • Make the 5 week trek on my own spiritual journey - the Road to Santiago
  • Join PeaceCorps (probably after retirement)
  • Travel to Italy and see the leaning tower of Piza
  • Participate in Red Cross Disaster Relief efforts
  • Hike the Grand Canyon
  • Hike and camp in the Redwood Forest
  • Spend a week in Tuscany in a country farm house
  • Travel to Kenya and offer assistance to the people there
  • Go to Matzatlan, Mexico and explore the Mayan ruins
  • Ride the rapids in a raft on a rafting weekend trip
  • Climb to the top of Mt. Everest
  • Become a certified skydiver (after Mischa is 18 and her college fund is secure, of course)
  • Visit all 50 states (28 down...only 22 to go)
  • Paris in the spring
  • Ireland in the fall
  • Prague in the summer
  • Learn to surf - correctly
  • Learn to speak a foreign language
  • Learn sign language
  • Learn to ride and work a horse properly
  • Own two dogs on my own ranch - name them Bosty and Callisto and have a horse named Hero
  • Ride horses in the ocean
  • Run a crafty crafting business
  • Build a Rat Rod
  • Drive a race car
  • Ride a live Bull
  • Ride in a hot air balloon
  • Fall in love and stay in love and get married to a loving, giving, honest and hardworking man (now when I wrote this list, I didn't get the value of  'source' and should now also include many other traits that I now look for, such as patient, good listener, great lover and great provider and willing to help around the house, but given that I am not sure I'd like to get married again, I'll leave it at this for now)
  • Bring my family closer than ever before through prayer, thoughtfulness, listening and love
  • Learn how to snowboard
  • Learn how to kayak - own a kayak
  • Read War and Peace
  • Learn the geography of the world
  • Take a Photography class
  • Learn to dance - Salsa, Flamenco and Swing
  • Learn to Box
  • Hike in Zion National Park
  • Go to the Giants Causeway
  • Create a foundation to facilitate the educational support of at least 1,000 children - resulting in their sucess - in my lifetime
  • Be a fabulous friend
  • Learn how to swim
  • Learn to play guitar
  • Read Gandhi's Autobiography
  • Compile my family history/genaeology
  • Learn to shoot a handgun and become a good target shooter
  • Be a kind and caring person until I die
  • Learn to vent anger without being visibly angry
  • Read Lifespring by JH Jr.
  • Read the New Testament
  • Study Jesus' teachings
  • Enjoy each day and strive to see the miracles even in the tragedy
  • Learn how to meditate
  • Learn Yoga - and do it
  • Plan, facilitate and expedite the Teen Quilt Challenge (like the one I did in 2004)
  • Payoff all unsecured debt
  • Do a weekend horseriding campout with friends in the mountains
  • Graffiti clean-up project in North Las Vegas
  • Hike to The Falls at Mt. Charleston
  • Live on the Beach
  • Graduate from Law School
  • Get my Master's Degree
  • Fight for World Peace
  • Create inner peace
  • Take an Italian Course
  • Run in a competitive Race (1/2 or Full Marathon)
  • Read The Tenth Insight
  • Read Management by Objectives
  • Trip to Yosimite
  • Buy another home - with a patio and garden and a hammock
  • Get a tattoo
  • Zip Line - to just about anywhere
  • Hike through Peru
  • Visit India
  • Eat more sushi
  • Enjoy more desserts
  • Be an amazing mom
  • Trust everyone
  • Be a great Aunt to Makenzie
  • Finish learning to weld
  • Be a loving and strong sister and daughter
  • Be honest in all of my dealings
  • Learn how to cook seafood
  • Make an impact
  • Own a Kharmen Ghia and a Wagoneer
  • Speak my mind - and be true to myself, always.
  • Live even more AUDACIOUSLY!!!

No comments: